Weeknight Rate Special – Stay three consecutive weeknights (Mon-Tue-Wed) and receive one night (Thu) free! This is available for any direct booking or by calling us at 717-278-2560.
Amish Dinner Experience – Savor a family-style dinner prepared and served by an area Amish family in their home (advance reservation required)!
Milking Parlor Adventure – See a state-of-the-art milking parlor in action at a 700-head neighboring cow barn (no charge & no reservation needed)!
In-Room Massage Therapy – Totally unwind with a one-hour or half-hour session with a certified massage therapist (advance reservation required)!
In-room flowers – We’ll arrange delivery of your choice of flowers from a local reputable florist. Chocolates or birthday cake arrangements also available upon request.
- There is no better time or place to do my favorite hobby (which also happens to be my favorite sport!) – riding bike in the spring and fall in northern Lancaster County!
- At the Brownstone, because I enjoy bicycling so much, we’ve designed several routes that vary from three miles to fifty miles, depending on your capabilities. You may choose a route that takes you past a modern 700-head dairy farm where you can walk in and look through an observatory area down onto the ultra-modern milking parlor, which electronically monitors the milk production and can even detect if there’s a virus or bacteria coming through from which cow!
- In contrast, this route also will take you to an Amish working farm where you can watch them milk the cows if you like, and you can enjoy lunch or dinner in their home (with advance reservations through the Brownstone, of course).
- Another route will take you through a covered bridge and past the Green Dragon Farmers’ Market and Auction where you’ll be tempted to purchase sundry treasures and souvenirs, but you may have to come back later if you cannot haul it all on your bike!
- Another stop along the way is Martin’s Pretzel Bakery, which is owned and operated by conservative Mennonites who enjoy singing hymns together while they work at their pretzel-baking tasks.
- For those history enthusiasts, take the route that includes the Ephrata Cloister Museum, housing collections of handiworks and buildings of beautiful architecture from a celibate religious group migrating from Germany under the leadership of Conrad Beissel in 1720.
- Your bicycle package includes bicycle arrangements via Green Mountain Cyclery (if you don’t bring your own), safe bicycle storage, route maps and cue sheets with suggested breaks and snack stops along the way, packed lunch upon request (additional minimal fee) and info/accessibility in case of emergency.
- So bring your spouse or some biking buddies and enjoy a couple days away, seeing Amish country from another perspective!